Achieva Global Meetings, LLC
At Achieva Global Meetings, LLC (“Achieva”), we recognize the importance of keeping the information we collect from you confidential and private. This policy explains how we collect, use, share and safeguard personal information collected through this website.
Achieva is a meeting and event service provider, including full-service, turnkey program management and/or individual service management.
2. Websites Covered
This Privacy Notice applies to the Websites that link to this Privacy Notice, including: http://www.achievaglobalmeetings.com; http://www.achievaglobalmeetings.net; and individual registration websites which are uniquely created for each event (collectively referred to as “Achieva Websites” or “Services”).
3. Collection of Personal Information
Achieva defines personal information as information that identifies an individual or that can be reasonably associated with a specific person or entity, such as a name, contact information, and IP (Internet Protocol) Address. Achieva collects personal information to facilitate an individual’s event-specific requirements.
Achieva collects the personal information that you provide us, such as when you:
- Register for an event that Achieva has been contracted to manage
- Voluntarily provide feedback, via a survey, for an event
- Sign up to receive marketing materials from Achieva. You can opt-out of these communications at any time.
- Submit forms for event-specific reimbursements
- When you contact us for any reason
When you register for or attend an event, Achieva will ask you to provide basic Attendee contact information, including your name, company, title, and email address. We use this information to register you for the event and to send you updates leading up to and following the event. Every marketing email you receive from us will have instructions on how to update your contact information or manage your communication settings, including the option to opt-out of further marketing emails.
Sensitive Personal Information
We may collect certain information, including but not limited to, date of birth, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, other government-issued identification number, financial account number, or credit or debit card number (“Collected Sensitive Personal Information”) for the purposes of making travel arrangements, receiving payment for services or reimbursing expenses. We do not collect information such as insurance ID or account number, health or medical information, consumer reports, background checks, biometric data, digital signatures, any code or password that could be used to gain access to financial resources, or any other unique identifier of yourself or another individual (“Not Collected Sensitive Personal Information”).
We may automatically collect some information when you visit our website, such as your computer’s IP address and operating system, the site from which you linked to us, your site activity, and the time and date of your visit. This information may be collected through the use of “cookies” and web beacons.
4. Use of Personal Information by Achieva
The personal information we collect is limited to what is necessary in order to process your event registration, coordinate travel or accommodations on your behalf, provide you with high-quality service, and administer your account, including distribution of post-event surveys and/or provide payment for services or reimbursements. For example, we may:
- Notify you about your itinerary or relevant event information. This may include changes to aforementioned information.
- Contact you for your feedback about the event you attended and the service that was provided.
5. Sharing of Personal Information
We share information in these circumstances:
- Registration Fulfillment – We may provide information to a third party as necessary to fulfill an event registration that you completed with us. For example, we may provide your contact information to a travel agency, and a ground transportation company to ensure safe travel between your point of origin, the airport and the event venue. However, we give suppliers, and other involved in the travel and accommodation chain only the information needed to provide you the services you require, and we have a contractual agreement with such vendors requiring them to keep the information confidential and not to use it for other purposes. Please note that if you provide health information during registration, such as dietary or special needs, Achieva must share this information with certain third parties to act on your request. We are not responsible for any information you provide directly to these parties. Transfers of personal data to third parties who assist Achieva in providing the services that your request (e.g. hotels, car rentals, airlines, client reports) may be located in non-European Union jurisdictions which may not provide and equivalent level of protection.
- Transfer of Value – Following the completion of an event, Achieva will provide reports and documents to the Sponsor and/or CRO that contracted Achieva for the event. These reports will include personal information and transfer of values related to the hospitality provided for you at the event.
- Our Contractors/Vendors – We may contract with others to perform services on our behalf. For example, we might retain a company to print and or ship event materials, distribute emails, or process surveys. If any of these service providers need access to your personal information, we require them to use it only to perform the services for us. We also require that they maintain the confidentiality of the information while in their possession.
6. Other Uses and Disclosures
In addition, we may use or disclose personal information in the good faith belief that we are lawfully authorized to do so, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to protect you, to comply with legal process or authorities, to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, or personal safety of Achieva employees or the public.
7. Protection of Personal Information
We have physical, administrative and technical security measures in place to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration while it is under our control. Further, when you enter personal information online, that information is encrypted prior to transmission using a security protocol called SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
We acknowledge the right of EU and Swiss individuals to access their data pursuant to the Privacy Shield. If you wish to access, amend, or confirm that Achieva has personal data relating to your, or if you wish to correct or delete your Personal Information if it is inaccurate, please notify us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Please note that Achieva may not be able to delete information that has been shared prior to your request to remove or delete with third-parties contracted for event-related purposes (e.g. travel agency, hotels, ground transportation company).
We will always give you the opportunity to choose opt-out before your Personal Information is 1) disclosed to a third party (other than an Achieva agent doing work at our direction), or 2) to be used for a purpose that is materially different than that for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. Although we do not ever anticipate providing sensitive Personal Information, such as health information, to a non-contracted third party or using it for a purpose other than that for which it was collected, we will never do so without first allowing the individual involved to affirmatively and expressly consent (opt-in) to such transfer or use. The only exception to this choice for both sensitive and non-sensitive Personal Information would be where we are required to disclose your Personal Information pursuant to governmental or judicial order, law or regulation to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
10. Updates to Privacy Notice
We may update this Notice from time to time. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the top of this page.
11. Contact Us
Achieva Global Meetings, LLC
P.O. Box 824336
Dallas, TX 75382